A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   13.04.13 4:21

The Eventide camped on the grounds for the night, warily watching the Dawn and huddled together closely. Rayvs sharpened Dusk while he sat, polishing his armor and taking care of it. He almost looked like a ordinary soldier.

"We will take shifts with the night watch. I'll take the first one. Wake me up exactly when dawn begins. I want to be awake before the sun even rises."

With that, Rayvs sat down while the rest of the knights fell asleep, save for Haroun, who Rayvs was engaged with in quiet conversation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   13.04.13 11:12

(Sorry for the Double Post)

Haroun walked up to the Church doors, and as soon as Rayvs was out of sight, knocked, hard and loud. He awaited the response.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   14.04.13 2:52

Mattus only took a quick look into the Church and tried to keep the layout in mind. He then moved back outside to the rest of his men and went to sleep.

The Last Hope and Map of Pendor
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t6tjr6s6gmyf53/bApJqcjjZ4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   16.04.13 21:20

Pascal watched as numerous knights entered church of Astrea, and taught to himself "Screw this". He removed hood, dug up cloth, expensive looking symbol from somewhere deep under his clothes and emerged from the shadows. Then he approached the church.

Village:Owned Stag's Heart.

Public Knowledge about Rivatha:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   24.04.13 19:11

Pascal watched around area, but there was seemingly nothing that would interrupt him, so he approached the door to the church and knocked it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 4:55

"Ho there!" The voice came from behind him from a pair of Radiant Cross Knights who had seen the man come up to the door. They both carried their polehammers with swords at their sides, seeming utterly at ease. "The Dawn aren't letting anyone else into the Church tonight. Our leader is already inside, but we have a camp set up near by." He pointed towards a space where some light was flickering from a fire. "you're welcome to join us, this city isn't safe after Dark. The Eventide have already had an assassin go after them."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 5:48

"I salute you fellow knight.An assassin?may i know how did he look like?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 5:55

"Wasn't a he. Some dark haired lass. A looker too, but I don't think that'll be true much longer now that the Eventide have a hold of her." He paused before continuing. "What do you mean fellow knight? You look like some kind of traveller. What order are you with?" A plaguewarden came wandering over with a pair of steaming bowls in his hands, likely for the knights, apparently the fire was being used to cook a meal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 6:32

"I am Knight of Ebony Gauntlet" With those words pascal showed the symbol he was carrying. It was expensive, piece of cloth with Ebony Gauntlet drawn on it, it was in prefect condition, and it was known to be used by some Ebony Gauntlets. "I am member of small group which arrived here to represent our order, scout the situation, and investigate the certain rumors.. that assassin could be exactly what i mean by rumors, did he by any chance looked simillar to me?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 6:40

"She looked exactly like you did Gauntlet." The knight on the right was not looking terribly relaxed anymore as he shifted his grip on his polehammer. "In addition to someone who asked to follow our group. Dressed in the same armor, carrying the same weapons, dressed in the same cloak." The plaguewarden had reached the trio and was looking back and forth between Pascal and the knights.

"Aye sirs. He looks quite similar to the Lady Malka who's in the camp now."

The Knight who was talking before spoke up again. "You don't look much like a gauntlet."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 6:52

"Well the symbol i showed you proves i am Gauntlet, if you would have been a bit more educated you would know that." Pascal's tone showed that he was insulted, but he took his moment to relax and spoke again.

"You see, this is private order matter but considering situation.. there were a few renegades in our order, i don't really know the exact reason, something that we shouldn't protect common people, we should have stronger ties with nobility, and that Gauntlets should have allowed more wealth freedom. The point is they decided to undermine orders reputation, and what it seems take over the order when it becomes weak." Pascal smiled harshly

"Stupid really, not like they have a chance, yet they gathered some followers so they are quite a thorn in a side, one thing for sure tough there are only one or 2 with symbols like mine and they will make sure to show it if anything endangers them, as they don't care for orders reputations."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 6:59

The Radiants didn't seem terribly impressed by a scrap of cloth, no matter what was written on it. They had not heard of the Ebony Gloves, it seemed that the Order's secrecy was working against it at the moment. They did not like being insulted either. What most people of Pendor thought of when the Gauntlets were concerned was a large man in heavy plate with a sturdy shield and crossbow. The slim, cloak wrapped Pascal certainly didn't fit that mental picture.

"Your Order doesn't have much of a reputation to undermine seeing as the lot of you could be viewed as traitors to the realm already what with your colluding with the Snake worshipers to kill Prince Valdemar in Amala."

The two Radiant Knights glanced at each other for a half second.

"But you can come with us to talk to the one we have at the moment if you wish.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 7:04

Pascal face showed some signs of anger, but when he heard that he can speak with prisoner he quickly shaked his head, as if trying to turn away bad toughts."Thank you, that for sure would be what i need.And by the way, if everyone who conspired before with Snakes didn't found their redemption, pendor wouldn't be what it is today."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   26.04.13 7:12

"That's right. Because most of the fools who did conspire are dead and long buried, or else I think we'd see a Snake Priestess on the throne right now. Once the snake gets its venom into you it's not an easy path back. This way."

One of the knights began walking back towards the flickering lights of the camp. The other knight and the plaguewarden with his bowls of soup waited for Pascal to follow the first before following him in turn should he go with them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 3:24

Pascal followed the first knight, he didn't seem to pay any attention to a knight and plaguewarden who followed him, tough he for sure noticed them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 6:02

In the space between two of the buttresses pf the Church the Radiants had made their camp for the evening. The leading Radiant led Pascal to the corner where a trio of plaguewardens were sitting with their charge. Melka had her hands bound and was gagged as she sat in the corner. Her cloak had been removed to show the leather armor beneath. The plaguewardens looked up at the approach as the Knight told them what was going on. Before Pascal could go through the ring of plaguewardens and get any close the Knight stopped them.

"That's far enough, you can ask your questions from there." To the plaguewardens he said, "remove the gag and let the gauntlet talk."

"She's a gauntlet?"

"Apparently, now remove the gag." A plaguewarden did so as a few more Radiants gathered around, curious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 7:06

Pascal watched woman closely and soon replied "She.. is." after few seconds he continued "But she wasn't supposed to be in this city, more so spy on anyone."

Meantime woman's face turned into the one, full of hope.

"It was Sarah idea i swear, but she didn't said anything about assassination! She was caught by eventide, and they said she was an assassin." Sarah was shouting "Please help me, i swear i didn't do anything, it was all Sarah!" In the end Melka was almost crying.

Pascal frowned upon Melka and said
"Serves Sarah right. What she did ask you to do, tell me everything!"

Melka replied swiftly, she looked scared and almost cried. "She said that i should just spy on these Knights and wait for other orders, she promised she will tell me how to get liked by Bill, he was so madly in love with her,so i believe..."

"Enough!" Pascal stopped Melka before she could finish "Stupid girl, i knew getting such as her would be would be trouble for the order..."

"I guess i will have to resolve this matter with your superiors, may i ask to not hurt her at least before i talk with them?"

[OOC:If you wish to interrupt somewhere in middle of dialogue, go ahead]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 7:13

A few of the plague wardens looked sympathetic, but the Radiant Knights, veterans of much combat both, and what now looked like a Barclay Conquistador were utterly unmoved if their body language was any indication. They waited until Melka was through with her display before the Barclayan spoke up, his accent thick but workable.

"Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on answer to my next question si? Your pretty friend in Eventide care mentioned a "lady" who was ordering you about. You tell us who she is and we keep you safe yes?"

One of the Radiants talked after him. "This all seems very convenient that the ones who happened to get caught are not actual parts of your order but some splinter group."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 8:04

Before Melka could talk, Pascal answered Radiant's question. "Let's settle matter of getting caught first, you see those parts of actual order don't get caught because they don't try to assassinate other knights or try to spy internal affairs of other orders."

"Now regarding the ..lady, i am as interested as you are noble..Conquistador i believe?" Pascal turned back to Melka "I taught i told you to tell me everything."

Melka was looking scared quickly switching her gaze from Pascal to Radiants to Conquistadors and back again, when pascal spoke to her "I am sorry! i completely forgotten, i didn't try to hide it, i swear! Yes Sarah mentioned something like her, i believe it was.. "We must not let our Lady down" But when i asked who she was, she just threatened that if i ever ask again she would kill me.. from that point i started thinking it was bad idea overall.... "

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 8:15

The Conquistador made a contemptuous sounding sniff under his helm.

"I think young lady be lying. Any spy is able to lie, but Barclay full of best liars. You not tell us everything, you leaving things out even now pretty lady. I know Sir Morek had you there when Eventide asking you questions. He told me and my brother what was said. You leaving things out..... that not end well for you."

He sounded horribly smug in his own way. The Radiants glanced at him out of the corner of their eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   27.04.13 21:52

"That's all i know i swear! And Eventide never asked me questions..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   28.04.13 4:53

The blank face of the helmet was looking down at Melka.

"Maybe, maybe not. But the name if Cait was tossed around by one of the Eventide at the mention of you "lady". You didn't tell him that." THe Conquistador pointed at Pascal, "When he asked so nicely. If you forget such things like that what else are you forgetting? Not to mention you so rudely ignored my friend Morek's questions before we got here. Hoe rude of you, to ignore a few questiond from someone who is preventing that Eventide from doing only the gods know what to that pretty face of yours."

One of the Radiants turned his head to Pascal. "You say you are a gauntlet, yet you do not look like one. Explain that. Are you some sort of subgoup? Do not leave things out, we are tired of being in the dark regarding you people."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   28.04.13 7:43

"Subgroup? Sort of tough there are no actual subgroups in our order, there are some knights who answer for collecting information, knights like me. You know you can't rush into the city and kill everyone. And looking like this reduces the chances of suspicion from common folk, the ones we are interested in." Pascal answered knight's question quite informatively

Meanwhile Melka spoke silently"You tied me up and question me when i have done nothing to you, and you call me rude.. " After this she spoke in a bit higher volume "Of course tend to forget something out of stress when bunch of knights tie me up and carry around like a doll!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   28.04.13 8:59

The entire Radiant party was silent for a moment before th Knight spoke again.

"So you lot are spies."

The Conquistador was still more interested in Melka than what Pascal had to say.

"Ach! Quit the whining! You lucky we not in Barclay, or you be dead three times over now for spying. It not fast ways we have either! Ruin your good looks they would. Stress no excuse! You think Ser Morek stupid? Given circumstances where your clumsy accomplice blew her cover you lucky he not decide to kill you. Now stop forgetting and remember. Answer!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   28.04.13 19:02

Pascal answered first"In this case i would prefer to be called scouts. But yeah you can call us that."

Meanwhile Melka answered to Conquistador, not staring to his eyes, keeping her head down.
"Don't get me wrong, I am thankfull to Noble Sir Morek for not giving me to eventide, but that's exactly what any noble knight would do here in Pendor."

"Yes Eventider's tossed around name of cait, but i don't trust them that's why i didn't mention it. Sarah said something about spying,so.. maybe she wasn't that bad.. not assassin anyway. I say there are lots of people who need information in this city, and maybe this cait.. is one of them."

"But i don't know what for, i think even Sarah didn't."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: Prologue: "No one..."-
Jump to: