A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Event 2 OOC Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 13:04

wait, isnt the castle a mile north? isnt that like.... a 10~15 min walk?

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

avatar

Posts : 806
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 13:06

It's a disaster area, so I rounded up a bit.

That and I didnt think that we would see any action if we all ran away to hide behind some walls that have been abandoned for gods know how long. That and no food for a protracted siege.

I know ICly I don't know about this that the hordes severely weakened, but Morek still wants the problem dealt with and this seems like the least risky way to force an engagement where the Orders strengths can be brought to bear.

_________________
Ser Morek Valran, Priest Knight of the Radiant Cross
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 13:13

I was thinking the same in terms of being outright ignored if we holed up in the castle. So you are sending the refuges deeper in torbah i reckon?

Also just a question for our GM, can we actually all fit in the large building?

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

avatar

Posts : 806
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 13:19

Essentially yes. They'll be deeper in and hidden or on the road from the city, I won't want to be fighting over the corpses of women and children. Though I wasn't suggesting everyone in that building. Quite a few for sure, with archers on the top and at the windows, but the fighting is going to spill our in the streets one way or another which is my ultimate plan. So maybe the Greatswords with the gauntlets hidden in the smaller houses while the large numbers of Radiant troops wait on the other side of the street in the larger one. Then we can have a bunch of dragon knights come down the main street with the Griffons or use them as bait to pull the tribesmen into the streets where the infantry pop out and say hell o in close quarters.

The D'shar tribes remind me of the mongols who were most effective when they didnt have a pissed off guy in armor within arms reach of them. In the tight streets they won't be able to get away.

I may be a tad prone to overplanning however. I think its one of the best parts of doing a game like this.

_________________
Ser Morek Valran, Priest Knight of the Radiant Cross
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 13:49

That sounds like a good plan, i also wanted to make use of the smaller buildings but i thought you only wanted to use the larger building. Klaus has lot of archers i believe, having them in the large building would be nice. But ya the swooping cavalry once the enemy is caught in between the houses sounds good as well.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

avatar

Posts : 806
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 17:02

How fortified is the big building?

_________________
Ser Morek Valran, Priest Knight of the Radiant Cross
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   14.04.14 23:24

As to the level of fortifications.. I'll let Klaus answer all of those questions, since he did all of that when Laisha was GM.. I'm confident they did everything fairly and realistically.

Same goes for how many fit in, though since it's a tavern I'd wager than even if you all fit in, it won't leave you much space to move about.

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus Witz

avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   15.04.14 2:55

Let me reacquaint myself with what was going on (and the plans already laid Wink ), then I'll get a reply in for you all.

_________________
--- Klaus Witz --- Order of the Griffon ---

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus Witz

avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   15.04.14 3:27

Phew, I think that was everything!

Just added lines to show barricades;
Spoiler:
 

_________________
--- Klaus Witz --- Order of the Griffon ---

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   15.04.14 10:57

The dawn never joined our group btw. Also i assume that the western end of the barricade is open for the Clarion call and the Dragons to swoop in?

Ps: Morek had already assigned inactive PCs in his order to escort the refuges

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

avatar

Posts : 806
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   15.04.14 13:35

*shrug* if he wants to do as klaus suggests, the Veccavi Knights can just join the Clarion and Dragon Cavalry.

_________________
Ser Morek Valran, Priest Knight of the Radiant Cross
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus Witz

avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   15.04.14 15:42

I'll leave it up to Ferdinand to decide for inactives, though it'd be nice to have their troops for the main engagement.

Yes, that western barricade is all yours. Fighting will likely be heavy there hence I was hoping the Dawn would be there to support you :S hopefully the Dragons will make up for them instead.

_________________
--- Klaus Witz --- Order of the Griffon ---

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   16.04.14 1:24

Ayay, I have a few pages to read.

Since the Dawn hasn't really done anything this event, just pretend they found a Death Cult party on the Steppe and have, in their irrational sense for justice, decided to chase them off and slaughter them instead of helping the poor people of Torbah.

Damn those Dawnites..

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

avatar

Posts : 359
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   16.04.14 3:51

.... wait a second the castle is in the city.... I thought it was separate, and it was in a different direction... sorry that's what I was confused about... I feel stupid...

_________________
Outrider Captain Natir of the Clarion Call, Bastard of Maras
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   17.04.14 0:24

It seems I got some bad karma for slaughtering the Jatu.. my laptops are dying on me. Heh, take over as GM and everything falls apart. :p

Anyway, I hope to get these bloody things back and running asap.

And heh, while writing your character sending this and that portion of his troops to that building, and this and that portion of an inactive knight's troops to the other is grand...It would also be grand if everyone could translate that in objectives with exact numbers. Thanks Smile

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   20.04.14 1:59

Right-o. Although it seems my requests to put your actions in objectives have only reached a few ears, I do not wish to let this slip back into inactivity because of it.

Tomorrow I will continue and rip out the souls of those that haven't post said objectives. Rip 'm out through ritual sacrifice involving torture and a vague similarity to a story caled "the frog and the scorpion".

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

avatar

Posts : 806
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   21.04.14 16:14

How fortunate my vacation ended today and I can do that now so that the soul rippery will not affect me.

_________________
Ser Morek Valran, Priest Knight of the Radiant Cross
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   21.04.14 22:40

Well, i fleshed out my character a bit before we all potentially die, feels good.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   21.04.14 22:50

Heh, I'm still fighting the urge to have to horde say "meh" and leave Torbah for what it is: a pile of rubble.

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   21.04.14 22:51

haha that would be anticlimactic indeed.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

avatar

Posts : 359
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   21.04.14 22:58

I would go piss them off with my men and draw them into the city Very Happy (This was kinda the point I was trying to make, they may not feel the need to attack us)

_________________
Outrider Captain Natir of the Clarion Call, Bastard of Maras
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

avatar

Posts : 359
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   24.04.14 15:24

So since Argo is been sent out I think I would probably see him first because I am still scouting at the moment, new thread or just use the fortified edge?

_________________
Outrider Captain Natir of the Clarion Call, Bastard of Maras
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   24.04.14 19:39

Aodh wrote:
So since Argo is been sent out I think I would probably see him first?

No.

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

avatar

Posts : 359
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   25.04.14 0:30

okay...

_________________
Outrider Captain Natir of the Clarion Call, Bastard of Maras
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-03-29
Location : Barclay

PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   25.04.14 11:33

Aodh wrote:
okay...

Simply enough, you're not able to recognize Argo, who you've never seen or heard of before, amidst the hundreds of silhouettes in the distance at the other side of two(!) rivers. On top of that, Ser Varys hasn't yet decided which way he wants to send him, making your scouts 'seeing' him as unlikely as the sudden appearance of Dragons the size of the beautiful port city of Nal Tar.

_________________

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Event 2 OOC Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
Event 2 OOC Discussion
Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: The Horde of Torbah-
Jump to: