A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

North- East of Torbah IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 8:35

" Radiant Cross? I may consider it after this situation is dealt with if I have nothing of more importance to do, though last I heard your order did not possess any bowmen who could even be considered a Warden of the north, my companions are rangers and I am far more then that.

What practice could you possibly offer to us beyond moving targets for us to shoot off horses as we did to a party of Clarion little more then a week ago when they underestimated us.

Don't worry under dressed knight your brothers all lived, killing knights is more trouble then it's worth when they're so foolish as to be no threat. "

Last edited by Harvey Wagner on 23.11.13 9:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 8:44

Mattus stopped while the newcomer was talking. He slowly rose up and grabbed his spear which was lying at his side. He then looked around. Morek and Natir were already there and all around where Knights of the Clarion Call and Radiant Cross. He then stared Harvey into the eyes.

"I think you should choose your words more carefully Sir Knight. There are Knights of the Clarion Call present and we will not stop them if they intend to avenge their brothers, killed or not they were still attacked. I dare say I would join them, right now there is nothing to show us that you are not just another Renegade Knight."

Mattus fastened the grib on his spear.

"If I were I would leave before you say something else that will make you end like these fools around us."

The Last Hope and Map of Pendor
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t6tjr6s6gmyf53/bApJqcjjZ4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:05

Harvey looks at him confused for a moment then laughs loudly to himself.

" They attacked us good knight we simply defended ourselves, I dare say they would have shown less restraint then we did if they had been given the chance and would you like to disagree on the state of your orders bowmen? If my information is incorrect I'd be happy to take back my words after all you are the first of your order I've met so my information may well be wrong. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:13

"But there was a reason that they attacked you I presume!"

Mattus turned sideways and pointed at a group of plaguewardens.

"We don't need Bows when we have our Crossbows, they served us well and will continue to do so. You will learn to love them when your arrows just fall of the armor of a Dragon Knight charging at you."

Something was odd about this Knight, they just walked into a big group of Order Knights without any precautions. They were too cocky for mere Rangers. Something was behind it.

As he turned around again he glanced at the unconcious man and starting kicking him slightly into his side to wake him up.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:21

Harvey smiles looking at the crossbows then holds out his own bow for Mattus to see.

" Crossbows are good weapons it is true but this is no ordinary bow, it has every bit as much power as a crossbow and I can fire 4 arrows in the time your crossbows can fire one. I was not declared a Bowmaster of Ravenstern for nothing.
But there will be ample time to show you why in the battle to come if the rumors are to be believed, I should think there will be enough bandits for us to kill. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:28

Mattus looked down while he continued kicking.

"These are no mere bandits I guess. Just look at his armor, normal Raiders don't wear this, it is too heavy for a Horse Archer and for the desert. There is something more to this all. And if this one doesn't wake up sooner or later I will break my leg or arm on him."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:35

" Bandits come in many shapes and sizes, this just means all the more renown for those who live to claim it and I have no intention of dieing just yet. I still have a duty to carry out. "

As he speaks Harvey walks over to look down at the unconscious man and careful to do so directly in front of Natir and nobody else turns the quiver on his back slightly to reveal a small replica of the Clarion seal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:39

Morek just watched his friend and the newcomer from Ravenstern argue over the strengths of different weapons. He idly thought that for someone who was a self professed master of ranged combat he hadn't thought twice about strolling into a group of heavily armored and armed Knights that were geared towards smashing their opponents face to face. The man was either suicidally brave or self assured that he wouldn't come to harm in any way.

"The Windriders of the D'shar used to wear heavy armor. As do some of the bandit chieftans Mattus. But both have been rare if nonexistant in recent times."

He shifted the heavy weapon on his shoulder, moving his grip slightly further down the haft as he watched Mattus land a harder kick into the mans side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 9:44

" Might I suggest giving the pore man some time? Breaking every bone in his body is not going to do help him talk now is it? "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 10:54

The captive grunted finally as he was roused by a particularly sharp kick. He glanced about and tried to struggle, but he was well-restrained and failed. Spitting sand from his mouth, he glared at those gathered. Then he spoke, his accent heavy, saying, "What do you want with me?"

It's not supposed to make complete sense:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 11:27

" Why nothing difficult at all friend, your just going to tell us everything you know about the assholes who sent you out here to die while they sit safe in the middle of an army and then I'll release you to go back to your family alive.

Thats sounds fair doesn't it? "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 12:13

"Someone help him to his feet and give him some water, he needs to talk a lot."

Mattus waited until he was afoot to continue. He just disregarded the questions of the Ravenstern Knight, he asked way to many questions for just being here for training.

"We were send here to investigate the situation around Torbah. We would have come in peace were we not attacked by you and your men. I want every question answered or you will be tortured. If there is an army around Torbah, how many man are there? Who is the leader? What are your plans? Our Orders wish not more harm done in the desert, we only want to help."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 13:36

Morek hauled the man to his feet with one hand by grabbing him at the front of his chest plate. One of his plaguewardens tossed a half full waterskin into his hands. After that he just waited, the blank face of his helmet staring at the man soundlessly. His warhammer shifted constantly on his shoulder, as if standing still was impossible for him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 13:48

The prisoner drank, though not with the gusto of one dying of thirst. "I cannot answer these questions," he said to Mattus after a moment. "...except to tell you this. Pendor and her king will curse the day they neglected our lands. We have suffered in desolation long enough. Our city has lain in ruins long enough. We will take back what is rightfully ours!"

His voice hit a fever pitch on the last words; clearly his feelings were born out of some form of deep seated anger.

It's not supposed to make complete sense:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 14:11

"Good sir, I have great sway with many lords in the north, if you would tell me what has brought you all to this perhaps I can use it to help your people. If you go to war many of you will die even if you win and to win you would kill the lord I swore my loyalty to."

As he continued Harveys good cheer vanished to be replaced by the deadly seriousness and single minded determination that had allowed him to become one of the greatest living bowmen by his 20th year.

"That I can not allow, in short my foreign friend. If you go to war I will hunt down every last one of you to the smallest infant and I will kill you all if it takes the rest of my life. Once you begin this war I will accept no surrender, I will show no mercy. If your people start a war then Astrea as my witness I will wipe you from the face of this planet."

Once he finishes Harvey talks over his shoulder to his companions.

" Eve stay here you need to see this, the rest of you find a horse that isn't wounded grab as many saddlebags as you can find then strip every body in this place of every arrow you can find and any money they have on them.
If they're going to begin a war then we will carry enough arrows with us to wipe them out."

All 4 of his companions flinch slightly at the cold emotionless tone he uses as he gives the order before turning and running for the nearest bodies to begin searching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 14:26

"For an isolationist people famous for not giving a damn about the rest of Pendor you sure care as much for the stability of the nation as our Clarion Call friend here or the Griffon Knights."

Morek hooked a thumb over at Natir as he spoke. His next words were directed towards the armored man.

"Alright, I've heard enough Mattus. This Singalian, or tribesman, or whatever he is is sounding more like the Knights of the Dawn the more he talks. I think we have a new Sheik Shavalan that's come roaring out of the deep desert."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 14:39

" Pendor? I don't give a damn what happens to Pendor, if the enemy dies here and now then my people will never have to face them. Thats is why I will fight, my people are not here to drive them back into the wastes so I will do it on there behalf if they force me.

If your done with this man I request custody of him, I have a task for which he will be well suited. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 15:16

"You can't use him for target practice just yet" De'Veer turns back to the man and gently presses his bandages. "My friend" He murmurs to him. "My work, good as it is will last only so long." De'Veer pauses, running his eyes over the mans features mumbling to himself. "Yes, three, four days?" De'Veer takes another swig from his water bottle, and swabs more of the sweat off his forehead. "Without cleaning and new bandages that wound will fester and you will need to cut your arm off." De'Veer pulls out the bone saw and holds it over the mans shoulder. "If you manage to survive that, you will need new bandages anyway or the same problem will occur." He replaces his implement and takes out a roll of pristine white cloth. "Now I assume gentlemen we mean to head for Torbah and the river? That or run out of water."

De'Veer takes another swig and mops his brow again, the sun was not kind to him. "He is not particularly strong at the moment, and the coming fever with that cut is not going to leave him in a position to flee. I propose we take him with us to Torbah, and any other dregs here we can find." De'Veer turns back to the man and holds the bandages up at eye level. "Your coming with us either way. Depending how helpful you have been between then and now, I will either change your bandages or tighten them."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 15:29

" As long as I can have a few of them when the time comes I'm in no hurry but I don't intend to kill them. I simply need to deliver a message and they wil be the messengers. 3-4 extra men will make no difference if it comes to a fight in any case. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 16:52

"A head in a sack sort of message?" De'Veer says, looking the knight up and down. "The only message they would be taking would be back into the desert. My question would be what message do bandits have to send." De'Veer looks to Morek and Mattus. "A better question is what reason we have to bring along a rogue knight and his troupe of clowns. Why are you here ranger?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 17:31

" Rouge Knight? I'm no Rouge I serve a lord as you serve your orders. Training only goes so far on dummies so I brought my apprentices out to practice on bandits and heard rumors of this army, the army is a threat to my Lord so it's my duty to fight it, it also provides ample chances to train them which is a bonus.

But no not a head in a sack, a real message.

As for why? I should think when it comes to a fight you'll be glad to have of the best archers within 100 miles nearby to watch your backs, not including one of the best living rangers. After all this is probably going to be a battle of hundreds of knights against thousands of bandits if the enemy is smart and does not wait for us to gather our strength. Your going to need the help if you want to minimize the number of men you lose. "

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 18:39

"Enough."

Morek had grown tired of standing around and bickering, so he took action in the only way that made sense to him. He shoved the prisoner forwards along the road towards Torbah that the Radiant Cross had originally been marching down before the initial arrival of the raiders and the Clarion Call. His men fell in behind him quickly enough, the Knights marching at the fore of the column and the plaguewardens following along behind, taking anything they had found useful in their scavenging.

His conquistadors spurred their mounts forwards to take up a vanguard and soon there were 15 figures on foot each wrapped in a shabby brown cloak against the wind following an armored raider up the road. Four cloak wrapped riders led them, bulky in their heavy plate beneath their cloaks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   23.11.13 22:58

Mattus rallied his men soon afterwards. The Veccavian Knights were already riding close behind Morek and so the men of the Radiant Shield followed behind fast. As Mattus reached his Knights they split in two groups. 5 of them rode to left and 5 to the right of Moreks group. The Knights of the Radiant Shield stayed behind. Mattus bound his horse to one of his men and dismounted, with a few quick steps he was within the group, right next to Morek and the prisoner.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   24.11.13 3:54

"A better idea." De'Veer murmurs and follows his superiors.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   24.11.13 4:43

Harvey watches them walk off for a moment then follows, his companions finish the search and fall in behind him the 5 of them carefully scanning the ground around and behind them in case they are being followed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North- East of Torbah IC   

Back to top Go down

North- East of Torbah IC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: The Horde of Torbah-
Jump to: